$2,500 sign-on bonus for experienced EEG/END Technologists **
Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
**Sign on bonus based on eligibility and require 12 month commitment.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet(tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs standard and complex prescribed electroencephalographic and evoked potentials procedures to patients. This position analyzes data during the recording, making certain that the information being obtained is valid and interpretable.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs prescribed standard and complex electroencephalographic and evoked potential procedures in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
2. Analyzes, identifies and documents procedures as outlined by departmental policies and procedures to maximize patient outcome.
3. Ensures an accurate and readable recording using deductive reasoning to trouble shoot minor problems and make adjustments as needed during the procedure.
4. Collects and/or reviews pertinent medical, historical, and medication information in order to perform the appropriate study prescribed by the physician as outlined by departmental policies and procedures.
5. Assists in nerve conduction velocity procedures, where applicable in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
6. Assists with activities to improve department processes, facilitate testing and maintain quality to achieve optimal patient results.
7. Assists in scheduling of patients, charge entry and maintains equipment as outlined by department policies and procedures.
8. Independently performs prescribed routine and complex electroencephalographic and evoked potentials procedures to patients. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
Requires Registration in Electroencephalography with the American Board of Registered Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ABRET).
This position requires EEG and Evoked Potentials knowledge typically achieved with three years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, advanced mathematical skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.